Last night, CNN aired an interview with George Papadopoulos. Like many CNN productions (as opposed to news shows), it was well done and only rarely blemished by Jake Tapper being Jake Tapper (such as when he blatantly misrepresented Papadopolous’ statement that the “dirt” story consisted of known rumors and was not shocking).
Here are the main takeaways:
• The “dirt” story was about Hillary’s deleted emails (not DNC, not Podesta)
• The substance of the “dirt” story was already in the public domain, i.e. rumors about Hillary’s emails having been stolen.
• Prof Mifsud did not suggest that Papadopolous or Trump could obtain the emails.
• When Papadopoulos told Kotzias and possibly told Downer about the “dirt” story it was just gossip.
• Papadopoulos was startled by the FBI.
• When Papadopoulos lied to the FBI, he was trying to put distance between the “dirt” story and the Trump campaign.
You can watch the video here: